This website myequinepa.com, all pages containing that address and the services provided on this website, including any page that is enabled for use by a mobile device, (the “MY EQUINE PA Website”) are owned and operated by My Equine PA, an initiative of Fiona O’Dwyer (“MY EQUINE PA”, “our”, “we” or “us”). If you do not agree with these terms, you should not use the MY EQUINE PA Website.
This policy together with our Terms of Business sets out
the basis on which any personal data we MAY collect from you, or that you
provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to
understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will
2. How we Collect Information relating to MY EQUINE PA Website
When and if you register as a user of MY EQUINE PA you may be asked to provide information to us. We will inform you at the time of collecting other information from you whether you must provide the information to use MY EQUINE PA or a MY EQUINE PA Service or whether the provision of information requested by us is optional. We will inform you at the time of collecting information from you whether the information that you provide to us will be accessible to other users of MY EQUINE PA or by third parties so that you can decide whether to provide the information to us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
2. Information that you submit when/if you register for the MY EQUINE PA Website including your name, email address and telephone number;
3. Information that you submit when you use the MY EQUINE PA Website, for example in response to a blog post, in a message to us, when posting an advertisement, entering a competition or through any website communication channel;
4. The functionality that you use through the MY EQUINE PA Website including comments on our blog; or
5. details of transactions you carry out through MY EQUINE PA.
Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us, and is only kept for as long as it is required for us to provide you with a high quality service, to comply with law or our contractual obligations or for reasonable record-keeping purposes.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to the MY EQUINE PA Website. This data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, browser types, alphanumeric IDs, operating system, traffic data, location data, IP addresses, information regarding the volume and status of data transmission, click-through statistics, the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the date and time you accesses portions of the MY EQUINE PA Website, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of the MY EQUINE PA Website. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and we do not use them to identify any individual, except if required by the law or for the purposes of fraud protection, IT security and credit risk reduction.
3. Purposes for which we hold your Information
We will process any personal data that you provide to us for the following purposes:
1. To provide you with the services you have ordered;
2. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
3. To deliver and maintain a high quality service and to improve and develop the services provided and the Website generally;
4. To allow you to access MY EQUINE PA and to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
5. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
6. To provide you with our newsletter where you have subscribed to receive it;
7. To contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
8. To inform you about changes to our service, our agreement with you or website that we believe will be of interest to you;
9. As MY EQUINE PA Website is being actively developed, we might contact you to get feedback on the service provided;
10. For the purposes of compiling statistics;
11. To determine whether you are in compliance with our agreement with you and to impose sanctions where necessary;
12. As proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you that we hold about you (in order to establish that we are disclosing the personal information to you and not to someone pretending to be you);
13. To process payments from or to you;
14. Compare information for accuracy and verify it with external sources;
15. for safety purposes (including maintaining a register of restricted users), to provide you with customer support and to resolve technical or other problems (where you have contacted us through our Customer Services address firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. To determine whether you or other users are in
compliance with our agreement relating to the MY EQUINE PA Website, including
the policies appearing on the MY EQUINE PA Website.
If you avail of our services offered on the MY EQUINE PA Website we may use your email address to send you updates or news regarding the MY EQUINE PA Service. If you do not wish to receive emails of this type, please contact us.
We use the Other Data gathered from visitors to the MY EQUINE PA Website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise the MY EQUINE PA Website.
1. To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
2. To store information about your account so you do not have to login each time you visit the MY EQUINE PA website; and
3. To speed up your use of the MY EQUINE PA Service and searches.
You are always free to decline our cookies, if your browser permits, by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. You are always free to ask your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can also delete cookie files from your computer at your discretion. Note that if you decline our cookies or ask for notification each time a cookie is being sent, this may affect your use of the MY EQUINE PA Website. For information on how to control your cookies go towww.allaboutcookies.org.
4. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties and Advertising
We may provide Other Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of the MY EQUINE PA Website. For example, we might provide third parties with aggregate anonymised information regarding the number of unique users who visit the MY EQUINE PA Website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of the MY EQUINE PA Website, or the activities that visitors to the MY EQUINE PA Website engage in while on the MY EQUINE PA Website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
We may also use such aggregate anonymised information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, sellers in the west of Ireland) when displaying advertisements on the MY EQUINE PA Website. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. You agree to these practices.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your personal data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement. For the avoidance of doubt, we reserve the right to provide access to any data contained on our database to An Garda Síochána where such data is required for the prevention, detection or investigation of offences or the apprehending or prosecution of offenders. We may provide such data, where we receive a written authorisation in advance from a member of An Garda Síochána and on the strict understanding that the data is being provided solely for use by a member of An Garda Síochána for the purposes identified to us in advance. We also reserve the right to provide remote access to our database to authorised members of An Garda Síochána on an ongoing basis where such access, and the conditions of such access, have been agreed to by us in advance. Such access is provided in the interests of the safety and security of our users.
Please note that if you post personal information on public sections of the MY EQUINE PA Website then you are consenting to giving a third party user of the MY EQUINE PA Website to use your data; we are not responsible for the manner in which those third parties may choose to allow them use your data.
If you provide personal data to us, you understand and agree that we may disclose your personal data to the following third parties:
1. To our hosting provider which acts as an agent of My Equine PA;
2. To our payment processing service providers;
3. If you have indicated at any time while using the MY EQUINE PA Service that you are happy to receive information or promotions from selected third parties about goods and services which may be of interest to you, you consent to us sending you such offers or information. If you wish to opt out of receiving such offers, please contact us.
4. Any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
5. To a third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with that third party in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our agreement with you or any other relevant agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of My Equine PA, the MY EQUINE PA Website and/or our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection, IT security and credit risk reduction and statutory or other investigative bodies, where such bodies have the statutory authority to request such personal data or you have given your consent for us to disclose your personal data in this manner.
We will notify you when information about you may be provided to third parties in ways other than explained in this Policy and you will have the option to prevent such information sharing at the time that we notify you.
You agree that you have access to other users’ personal information when you use the MY EQUINE PA Website, or as a result of any related communication or transaction. You agree that you will only use another user’s personal information to contact the person for the purposes of buying or selling the goods or services to which the users’ personal information is connected. If other user subsequently agrees that you may use their personal information for any other purpose then that is a matter for you and the other person to agree. Unless you have the other MY EQUINE PA Website user’s express permission or our express written permission you may not disclose or contact another user for any purpose other than to conduct transactions for goods or services advertised on the MY EQUINE PA Website.
5. Security, Transfer and Control of personal data
If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the MY EQUINE PA Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information and agree to make that information public on the MY EQUINE PA Website (e.g., name, telephone number) via advertisements, blog postings, tweets or in other areas of the MY EQUINE PA Website, then that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, can be collected, correlated and used by third parties. These third parties or other website users may use your information to send you unsolicited messages. Such activities are beyond our control. Please do not post any personal information on the MY EQUINE PA Website that you wish to keep private.
It may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other group companies or service providers located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), including but not limited to the United States. This may happen where our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside of the EEA or where you use our services and products while visiting countries outside of the EEA. The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in Ireland or the EU but in these instances, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are respected. You agree that we may transfer your personal data on that basis.
6. Access to Information and Updating, Verifying and Deleting
At any time, you can make a written request to have access to all the personal data that we hold about you. You may inform us of any changes in your personal data and, in accordance with our obligations under the data protection legislation; we will update or delete your personal data accordingly. To make this request or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our database, please contact us. We will provide this information to you and may request a small administrative charge.
9. Access by children
If you are aged 16 or under you must get one or your parents or a guardian’s permission before providing personal data to us by using the MY EQUINE PA Website. If you do not have this permission, you should not use the MY EQUINE PA Website. We may ask you at any time to confirm and produce this permission in writing.
10. Questions or Comments